If you want to develop SharePoint solutions on a server that hosts Microsoft SharePoint Server you should follow some rules. First of all, if you want to deploy your solution, you should identified as farm administrator and you have to give some shell access permissions on SharePoint config, Central Administration content and web application content databases.
But that’s not all!
When you deploy with administrator credentials in Visual Studio, you get an error like this:
Error occurred in deployment step 'Recycle IIS Application Pool':
For solution, you can give full control permission on web application policy settings. To do this, you can follow these steps:
- Go to Central Administration site
- Navigate to the Manage Web Applications page
- Click on the web application that hosts the site you are trying to deploy to
- Click the User Policy ribbon item.
- Add your windows account to the list of users with the Full Control permission.